FREE! Child Saving Accounts (CSA) to help you and your family save for college!
The program will begin Spring 2021 at a select number of schools.
About the Opportunity L.A.
Opportunity L.A. is a free savings account with an initial $50 deposit for Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) students. The City and County of Los Angeles, along with LAUSD, are working together to provide every first-grader with a Children’s Savings Account (CSA).
Did you know?
Students with college savings are:
- 3 times more likely to go to college and
- 4 times more likely to graduate from college.
Benefits of a Child’s Savings Account
- A children’s savings account can help you and your child save money for their education.
- Enrolled LAUSD students will receive a $50 deposit.
- Additional deposits can be made by students and families in person and online.
- Savings accounts are available to students regardless of student or parent’s income, background, or immigration status.
Accessing Your Account
Forms And Documents
Click the following link for:
Frequently Asked Questions
Opportunity LA is the first children’s savings account (CSA) program in the greater Los Angeles area. Beginning in the spring, accounts will be automatically opened with a $50 deposit for first-grade students enrolled in select schools.
There is no cost to a student or a family to participate in
In the case of a family emergency, the student or parent/guardian may request an early withdrawal of some or all contributions in the student’s account. **Restrictions
The funds in the student’s CSA account can only be used to help with education costs after high school. *See program rules and guideline for details
No, the funds are held by the City of Los Angeles for the student and cannot be counted as part of household income.