Owning Or Managing Rental Housing

We offer a variety of programs and services for property owners to invest in their properties and have a positive return on their investment.  These programs also provide landlords with the opportunity to exercise their due process rights through the administration of the General Manager’s hearings, Rent Adjustment Commission’s (RAC) hearings and appeals.

Owning a rent stabilized property

If you own rental property in the City of Los Angeles, it may be subject to the Rent Stabilization ...

Required inspections, fees, and standards

If you own or manage property that has two or more residential units on a parcel of land and at least ...

Overview of cost recovery and ...

Use our guides to calculate allowable rent increases for RSO properties. 

Billing information

Find out more about paying your Rent Stabilization Ordinance (RSO) and Systematic Code Enforcement ...

I received a REAP notice

REAP is a program that encourages landlords to fix and restore their properties.

I received a hearing notice

Hearings afford landlords, tenants and interested parties a right to due process.

Restoring utility services through UMP

UMP is an alternative to termination of utilities and essential services in qualifying properties.

Loan services for existing borrowers

Learn how to apply for various loan-related services.

Enforcement of citations and orders

What if I do not timely comply with Citations and Orders to Comply affecting my building?

Resources for all rental properties

Resources to housing laws outside the scope of the Rent Stabilization Ordinance (RSO).