Is My Rental Unit Subject to the Rent Stabilization Ordinance?

If you rent in the City of Los Angeles, your rental unit may be subject to the City's Rent Stabilization Ordinance (RSO) if the property was built on or before October 1, 1978. Units constructed after July 15, 2007 that replace demolished RSO rental units may also be covered under the RSO.

Find out if you live in an RSO property. It's easy! Text to 1-855-880-7368.

What's covered under the RSO?

Find out what it means if your rental unit is covered under the RSO and the rent increases that ...

Simple guide to RSO

Downloadable pocket guides to help landlords and tenants know their rights and responsibilities under ...

RSO Property Search

Properties identified as RSO have at least one unit subject to the Rent Stabilization Ordinance.

Legal reasons for evictions

Learn about the RSO's legal reasons for eviction. Find out if you are entitled to receive ...

Ellis Act Information and Property ...

Search for a property withdrawn under the Ellis Act.

Living in a mobilehome park

An overview of rights and responsibilities for property owners and renters of mobile homes covered ...

Resources for all rental housing

Additional information for all rental units that may or may not be covered under the RSO.